Why Choose WellSpan for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine?
When you come to us, you can count on:
- Award-winning care: Both the Joint Commission and U.S. News and World Report have recognized us for excellence in orthopedic care.
- Highly trained physicians and supporting staff: Many of our surgeons, nurses and physical therapists have specialty and advanced orthopedics and sports medicine training and accreditation.
- Patient support services and education: We’ve created specialized education programs to better prepare our patients for surgery or to help them avoid surgery altogether.
- Specialized care: At our various WellSpan locations, we offer services that are not available anywhere else in the surrounding area. These include:
- Spine care
- Hand care
- Water therapy (Learn more about our Joint Power hydrotherapy in Louisville and hydrotherapy in Madisonville.)
- Orthopedic care for women and newborns
- Emergency trauma care
- The highest level of sports medicine care available: In our programs, you have access to the same level of sports medicine care as a professional athlete. Our surgeons and trainers work with a number of professional and university-level sports teams, including the Louisville FC, Louisville’s professional soccer team.
- Extended hours and specialty clinics: We’ve designed our services to be convenient for you and your family. For that reason, many of our locations offer specialty clinics and extended hours on weekends or before your workday begins.
Orthopedic Services and Locations
With our multiple locations within the Bluegrass State, you are never too far from WellSpan’s innovative, patient-centric orthopedic care. We are committed to providing you the best care, education and pain management possible, including:
- Pre-operative testing
- Orthopedic surgeries, including joint replacements
- Short-term rehab
- Patient education and patient support
- Emergency orthopedic care
- Sports medicine care
- Outpatient physical therapy
Learn more about physical therapy and rehab in Louisville and physical therapy and rehab in Madisonville.
We serve communities large and small, urban, suburban and rural. Learn more about the orthopedic and sports medicine care we offer in:
- La Grange
Emergency Orthopedic Care
WellSpan offers emergency orthopedic care for the entire family at all of our orthopedic locations, both rural and urban. Our trauma services include emergency fracture surgeries.
If you or a loved one has been injured and requires emergency care, please go directly to the nearest WellSpan Emergency Department or dial 9-1-1.
Learn more about our emergency care at WellSpan La Grange.
Sports Medicine at WellSpan
Our sports medicine-trained physicians, athletic trainers and physical therapists create individualized physical therapy and rehabilitation treatment plans just for you.
- WellSpan Corbin: Sports Medicine
- WellSpan Floyd: Sports Medicine
- WellSpan La Grange: Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Services
- WellSpan Lexington: Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Services
- WellSpan Louisville: Sports Medicine Services
- WellSpan Deaconess Madisonville: Sports Medicine
- WellSpan Richmond: Sports Medicine Services
The Patient Experience at WellSpan
Being part of the WellSpan family means we take the time to listen. The needs of our patients are our top priority.
Everyone, from our office staff to our surgeons, is here to help you feel better. We do our best to make your experience the smoothest it can be by offering the following:
- We provide and emphasize patient education.
- We explain treatments and treatment options.
- We listen to your needs and preferences.
- We ensure you fully understand your condition.